Upcoming Workshops & ProgramsWrite your way to a new you!
About Seasonal Workshops
Each fall and spring, we deliver a lineup of single- and multi-session workshops that delve into some aspect of the craft of fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry as well as the practical techniques of writing such as revision, submission, and the publication process. We now also offer exciting writer’s walks that give young and grown-up writers alike the opportunity to stretch their legs and write from experience while exploring inspiring locations in Dallas. These workshops are taught by authors, poets, and editors well-established in their craft and in the Dallas-Fort Worth literary community.
The spring workshop season runs mid-February to late April. The fall season runs early September to early November.
Recent instructors include:
- poet Logen Cure
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gayle Reaves
- editor Amber Helt
- Nebula Finalist Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam
- artist, poet, and maker Lisa Huffaker
- poet and theatre critic Christopher Stephen Soden
- romance author Amanda Arista
- editor-in-chief and poet Nadia Wolnisty
- author Richard J Gonzales
- historical fiction author Jan Morrill
Interested in becoming a seasonal workshop instructor?
Contact Co-Executive Director Michael Clay at email@example.com.