2. Self-evaluation essay, consisting of the following:
- Description of reading and writing background, formal education, and training in writing and reading literature, workshops and literary events attended, previous publications and readings, etc.
- Description of strengths and weaknesses in writing, familiarity with genre (classical, traditional, modern, and contemporary).
- Pledge of commitment to independent study and meetings with advisors.
- If applying for scholarship, statement of financial need or circumstantial need (not required for paying students) AND
- Pledge of work-study duties to The Writers Garret (teaching, office, event work, publicity, etc.) if applicable.